Sunday, January 10, 2016

Inexpensive liquid eyeliner must haves

All liquid eyeliners are not created equal... But if you are wanting to use liquid eyeliner on a budget there are a few great ones to choose from. I have tested all sorts of drugstore liquid liners and some are great bang for your buck while others aren't worth the buy. 

Today I am going to let you know about 3 amazingly cheap liquid liners that do an amazing job and are really easy on your wallet.



First up is the super cheap ELF liquid liner which I got for $1.50 CDN. This liner has a thin long brush, which is great for creating a sharp point on your liner. The formulation dries quickly and a very opaque black with minimal shine. The only downside for this one is that if your lid creases much this formula can rack if applied too thick. I had this happen a handful of times and usually when I was wearing the liner for 8 or more hours.

Second is the NYC liquid eyeliner which I paid $4 CDN. This one has been on many bloggers fave list for years but I only recently decided to try it out. Much like the ELF liner this one sports a long thin brush applicator. This formula is a little thinner then the ELF but can be easily layered to create an apaque matte black. This one I have never had crack on my lid even on a long day. My only issue is this one takes longer to dry and if you have a hooded lid this can sometimes mean transfer if you aren't pausing close attention.

Lastly if you like an eyeliner pen option is the Esssence eyeliner pen which retails for $2.49 CDN. This one is great if you need a quick liner looks or if you are a beginner. The felt tip on this liner is quite thin making it possible to create a sharp wing. Also using the side of the pen allows you to create sharp looks quickly and with ease. Again this is great for beginners who are just getting used to liquid liners and creating winged looks. The downside of this one is that it is never quite as thick or opaque as a true liquid liner. I have used any of the pen liners and all have been the same when compared to true liquid liners. The other downside can be that they tend to dry out more quickly then a liquid with a brush. However at $2.49 I will buy a couple at a time and the easie is worth the trade off when you are short on time.

Overeall all three of these are great liners depending on your needs and what your pet peeves are. I like all three for different reasons and trade back and forth often!

What are your fave drugstore liquid liners?? I am always looking for a new one to try!



No comments: